Back from the Dead Cars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A classic car restoration forum for folks that like to show off their car skills (Ford, Chevy, Mopar, AMC). Trucks, vans & bikes (even ricers) are also welcome here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'77 Firebird I owned in the late 80's

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Torinocator

Torinocator

'77 Firebird I owned in the late 80's Empty
PostSubject: '77 Firebird I owned in the late 80's   '77 Firebird I owned in the late 80's EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Was partial to Pontiacs for a while.

'77 Firebird I owned in the late 80's Firebird_1

'77 Firebird I owned in the late 80's Firebird_2

This was originally a 301 car. I swapped a 400 engine and TH transmission out of a '78 Trans Am into it after the rods in 301 started knocking.

The snowflake rims and new tires were bought from a wheel shop in Greenville, SC.

This was the first engine swap I did on my own and I remember putting the engine and transmission in on the concrete turnaround on a cold (40 degrees) winter evening all by myself. Finished it about 3:00 AM the next morning. Bolted everything back together the next day after a decent rest so I wouldn't forget anything.

The front end dumped a little on braking because I left the original SB springs in the car. I had very little skills back then and I remember the high idle that wouldn't go away after I rebuilt the carb. Ended up taking it to a shop to get it fixed.

Lesson Learned: Don't re-use your throttle body gaskets. Rolling Eyes

The only street bike I ever had is also in the background underneath the carport. It was a Kawasaki 440 LTD with a belt drive instead of a chain. The bike had a Yamaha speedo when I bought it and it was off by about 7-8 MPH.

I worked in a movie theater while going to college and that job paid for both the Firebird and bike.

Sold both the bike and Firebird when I enlisted in the Navy in 1989.
Back to top Go down

'77 Firebird I owned in the late 80's
Page 1 of 1